And with the completion of the World Championships in Luxembourg, cyclocross season has finally come to a close. It goes without saying that it has been a phenomenal season and we are so proud that our very own Rebecca Fahringer was selected for (finishing a very respectable 21st place) the World Championship team representing USA. There’s no question that it is a monumentous occasion for Becca – her first appearance at a world championship event – at the completion of her third season competing in the sport of cyclocross. But its also a monumentous occasion for the Amy D. Foundation as an organization. It is representative of the dreams and aspirations of driven young women, and that as a community, we can provide the opportunities for these dreams and aspirations to come to fruition. It shows that the model works; the program continues to be a success. The next step is to fortify positive feedback cycles of development by keeping folks who so well embody the mission of the Amy D. Foundation engaged in the future development of the sport.
The community is so important in making the Amy D. Foundation possible – this has proved true once again in our fundraising efforts in support of Becca’s trip to Europe for the World Championships. The fundraising raffle was a smashing success, raising over $9,000! These funds will not only cover the expenses of supporting Becca through the extended championship season, but will help fuel an expanded ability for the Amy D. Foundation to provide services into 2017. Hint: Stay tuned for an application period with openings for new up and coming opportunities to excel under the umbrella of the Amy D. Foundation!
Thank you so much to our wonderful supporters and sponsors who, sharing in our excitement, donated wonderful Amy D. / Stan’s NoTubes CX Team product to help raise these funds:
And the winners are… drum roll please …
- Gina Grinstead out of Baltimore, MD taking the grand prize Amy D. / NoTubes team replica bike courtesy of Scott Bicycles, Shimano, Stan’s NoTubes, Stages Cycling, and IRC Tire
- Peter Koonce out of Portland, OR taking the BikeFlights.com bike shipping package courtesy of the folks at BikeFlights.com
- Cyril Smith out of Garden City, NY taking the Feedback Sports tool package courtesy of Feedback Sports
- Kurt Johnson out of Newburyport MA taking the Mad Alchemy gift package
- Jen Murphy out of Nottingham, NY taking the Amy D. Foundation edition X-Project Elite cycling shoes courtesy of Pearl Izumi
- Brice Koerner out of Stephenville, TX taking the tubeless tire package courtesy of IRC Tire
- Julie Tracy out of Roslindale, MA taking the bike care package courtesy of Pedro’s
- Elisabeth Reinkordt of Philadelphia, PA taking the Lazer helmet and glasses package courtesy of Lazer Sport