The Ride Like Amy D. Program supports the development of female cyclists by providing the use of a previously-loved bicycle, Amy D. Foundation cycling kit, and support at select events. The goal of the program is to facilitate the growth of women’s racing from the ground up. The focus is on providing support to women who embrace healthy challenge and who exhibit character and values consistent with those that Amy displayed. The Ride Like Amy D. Program reflects Amy’s adventurous spirit and passion for engaging women in the sport of cycling.
Amy’s legacy is the Amy D. Foundation, but she also left behind a garage full of beautiful bicycles. We believe that she would want to see these bikes being ridden. Consistent with the mission of the Amy D. Foundation, we are offering use of Amy’s bicycles to deserving young women in order to inspire personal development and encourage growth of the sport.
- Use of a high-end bicycle (details and sizing below)
- Amy D. Foundation cycling kit
- Support at select events
- Professional bike fit provided by RETÜL in Boulder, CO
- Shipping provided by Bike Flights
- Shoes provided by Pearl Izumi
- Helmet and glasses provided by Lazer Helmets
- Tires from CLEMENT cycling
- Drivetrain parts from SRAM
- For cyclocross, a cross propz portable training barrier
- It is expected that Ride Like Amy D. program participants will:
- Serve as an ambassador for the Amy D. Foundation and be a positive role model for women’s cycling.
- Wear the Amy D. Foundation kit and represent all sponsors of the program in a positive manner.
- Provide periodic updates and reports on their experiences through social media and / or a web-based blog
- Our current inventory of bicycles is limited to the types and sizes described; applicants to the Ride Like Amy D. program must be of appropriate size to ride the bikes. We hope to expand the program to include a range of frame sizes in the future. If you could benefit from the Ride Like Amy D. program, but need a certain type or size of bike that is not listed, let us know and maybe we can help.
Although the program does not specifically target lower income individuals, we encourage those who can readily afford to purchase a high-performance bicycle to do so.
- The Amy D. Foundation retains full ownership of the bicycle and has the right to take back the bicycle and any soft or hard goods provided at any time.
Apply for the Ride Like Amy D. Program